Research interestsDownload CV
Neural correlates of consciousness, perception, computational neuroscience, integrated information theory, philosophy of mind, causation and causal analysis, complex systems, neural networks, artificial intelligence
January 2014–September 2016
University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Designed and implemented software to calculate integrated information (Φ) and other quantities and structures of interest in integrated information theory.
- Developed web-based visualization tools for exploring integrated-information-theoretic properties of networks.
- Implemented genetic algorithms for evolving virtual organisms.
- Developed mathematical formalisms for measuring the correspondence between environmental and internal causal structure in evolved virtual organisms.
Illinois Institute of Technology
- Studied a novel 2-parameter family of kernel functions for data interpolation.
- Performed numerical experiments in Matlab.
- Conducted theoretical investigations of closed forms for Green’s functions.
- Funded by NSF grant DMS-1115392.
|Poster (“PyPhi: A toolbox for integrated information theory”) at the 22nd meeting of the Association for the Scientific Study of Consciousness. Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland.|
|Talk (“Matching: Using integrated information theory to measure correspondence between internal and external causal structure in animats”) at the “PHIfest: A Symposium on Integrated Information Theory”. University of Wisconsin–Madison, Madison, WI.|
|Poster (“A 2-Parameter Family of Kernels for Data Interpolation”) at the Brown University Symposium for Undergraduates in the Mathematical Sciences. Brown University, Providence, RI.|
|Poster (“A 2-Parameter Family of Kernels for Data Interpolation”) at the Joint Mathematics Meetings. San Diego, CA.|
|Poster (“A 2-Parameter Family of Kernels for Data Interpolation”) at the Young Mathematicians Conference. The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.|
|Skills||Software engineeringDistributed computingUnix/Linux system administrationFull-stack web development|
|Libraries & Frameworks||numpyscipyNESTscikit-learncondordaskdocker|
|Tools||git (expert)Vim (expert)LaTeX (proficient)|